It's a Mystery

Helen Hodges understood the need for a gas station clerk to write her identifying information on a sales receipt. She just wishes he had chosen a different phrase.



"It says 'black lady,' and I can understand that because I am a black lady," Hodges said. "But I don't get 'big fat.' I don't get that part." (Yeah, it's a mystery)

Hodges, 31, said the offensive incident happened on Thursday night after she was shorted $10 in a gas pump mix-up at a station on Marconi Avenue near the Capital City Freeway. When she returned to the station for a refund, a $10 bill was attached to a receipt with a handwritten notation "black lady big fat."



Hodges said it was her 6-year-old son who noticed the slight, which hurt even more. She tried contacting the manager, but is still waiting for an apology.

"The lesson they should learn is my money helps run that store," Hodges said. "And I won't be going back."

Via

No comments:

Post a Comment