Grape Nuts Pie

So on Thanksgiving my family loves to make and eat pie. One of our family favorites that has been passed down through the generations is Grape Nuts Pie, AKA Southern Pie. It tastes and looks almost exactly like Pecan Pie, I swear. So delicious.

So anywho, as my Thanksgiving present to you, I've decided to share our beloved recipe for Grape Nuts Pie. That's how much I tolerate love all of you!

SOUTHERN PIE aka GRAPENUT PIE
3/4 cup Grape-Nuts Cereal
1/2 cup warm water
3 eggs, well beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup dark corn syrup (light is ok)
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 unbaked pie shell

Combine cereal and water; let stand until water is absorbed. Meanwhile, blend eggs with sugar; add syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt. Fold in softened cereal. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 50 min. or until filling is puffed completely across the top. Cool. Garnish with whipped topping. Sprinkle with additional cereal, if desired.

Enjoy! Also, feel free to share this recipe on your blogs, FB pages etc., but please provide a link back to this post.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously?! I have never heard of this, but am game to try it.

    ReplyDelete